TECHNET Archives

August 2002

Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:23:05 +0800
Rudy says:

"And to pay some very healthy salaries to people who have nice jobs, that
they are busy making REAL sure have NO competition...Non-profits are
generally the most over-paid, less productive organizations existant.
They do not have to be good, because there is no measure of if they are
doing their job, or more importantly, if they are doing their job
efficiently....they measure themselves, with no competition."

Peter, looking fearfully at the skies for signs of well-aimed IPC-shaped
lightening bollts, replies:

I agree whole-heartedly with the sentiment in general, and have no
information whether or not IPC staff fits into it specifically. Is it not
so, though, that many or most of the IPC contributors are from among us
good, hard-working, underpaid, over-stressed types as industry
representatives? Is it not we, ultimately, who regulate the input/output of
IPC? Just how good do we think the IPC organisation is? Does it drive us or
do we drive it? Does it respond well to industry concensus or not? How come
IPC is the trend-setter and sine-qua-non of current standards and specs for
our entire industry, if it's full of over-stuffed fat-cats that do nothing?
Is it full of fat cats?

OK, the IPC brigade may only manage the structure and heirarchy of
standards, guidelines, tech papers and the like, but I haven't heard any
complaints on that score about them so far. Are we maybe guilty if trying
to tar all IPC guys and gals with the brush first that was first dipped in
the black stuff in response to one Herr Bergman? Are we now biting the hand
that feeds us and provides this nicely-decorated forum for us to chat in,
in the feeding frenzy caused in defense of our much revered comrade, the
Earl of Moon? Let's restrict a bit of fire to the legalistic Mr Bergman,
eh?, and not shoot the innocents in a trigger-happy fire-fight. Or big Jack
might put his mountain-man gear on and dig out his moose gun in
self-defense.

Peter (appealing for peace in our time)

Rudy Sedlak <[log in to unmask]> 20/08/2002 11:53 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to RSedlak