TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:23:25 -0500
Folks,

I will refund all your money sent me for my book DFM/CE. However, I will
continue with the book using other than IPC graphics. Apparently it was ok
to publish free check lists with IPC graphics and references to IPC
guidelines - according to Jack Crawford. Unfortunatly for us all, I think,
the following message from IPC's own David Bergman will delay my books'
publication for a short time as I had planned on such action while thinking,
obviously wrong, the book would help many - INCLUDING THE IPC:

Dear Mr. Moon

I have had the opportunity to review your document "Proof of Design- The
DFM/CE Book for Printed Circuit Boards, Assemblies, and All Manner of Other
Things Technical."  This document contains material that is copyright of IPC
and has been reproduced without permission of IPC.  IPC request that you
cease and desist all distribution of this document, and that you remove the
IPC tables and illustrations prior to any future release.

Sincerely,

David W. Bergman, CAE
Vice President, Standards, Technology & International Relations
IPC
2215 Sanders Road #250
Northbrook, IL  60062-6135    USA
Direct Phone 847-790-5340
IPC Main Phone 847-509-9700
Direct Fax 847-504-2340
Mobile 847-867-1388
email  [log in to unmask]
IPC website www.ipc.org

[David Bergman] cc Denny McGuirk IPC President
Henry Schaffer, IPC Legal Counsel.