TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
"Atkinson, Neil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:49:53 +0100
I can think of plenty of reasons not to touch up these parts, most of which
you have already mentioned but the main reason is the risk of cracking the
caps.  Cracked caps can fail months after they have been in service and if
you allow touch up operators to rework every capacitor sooner or later you
will see cracked components.

You must convince your customer of the error of their ways, it is you they
will blame when it all goes wrong...

Have you tried showing them IPC610, most companies are impressed by the
quality of it and end up adopting it as their standard!?!?

Neil

Neil Atkinson
Electronics Quality Manager
UK-NSI Co. Ltd.