TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 07:15:14 -0500
Jane,

I am still reading through, and attempting to assimilate, your dissertation
presented to IPC and all of us as simple followers. I think I'm impressed.

I know I'm impressed by your following:

Pollution and ISO14000: that gets a bit interesting.  Environmental
legislation is weak in the 3rd world.  Most companies, regardless of 1st
world or 3rd world, comply only to the letters of the legislation and not
more.  Some governments are pushing the limits and do not impose
environmental requirements that are too stringent because the additional
capex and opex may kill businesses.  And no business = no job for people, no
job for people = no development, no development = 3rd world country.  I
am not trying to fend for the poor environmental consciousness of 3rd world
countries. I think there is a lot of work to be done.  But pulling your
business or investment out of 3rd world countries is not going to solve the
problem.

I especially like your follow-on as:

By the way, my company is looking for business partners and strategic allies
with small to mid size companies in the US.  We are planning a road show
sometimes in October.  If anybody is interested to hear us up, please
contact me offline.

In this light, I would submit greed really is good as it ensures everyone
works, right? We've certainly proven that in this country right up to the
point we, again in this country, have no jobs.

So, you folks reverse your position on capitalism and we continue being
greedy capitalists without jobs. I find that remarkably ironic.

Hell, someday we will meet in the middle, or not. When this meeting occurs,
it probably will be in the middle of a huge asteroid, or hemorrhoid, shower
and nothing will matter anymore/anyway.

Damn nice world, ain't it?

Enjoy,

MoonMan