TECHNET Archives

July 2002

Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:42:17 +0800
Dear Steve,

This is exactly what I was asking about a while ago. About 15 or so years
ago, my then-shop forman was very smug about how he'd replaced our huge
water wash line with a dishwasher that was cheaper to buy, cheaper to run
and took up a fraction of the space. The dishwasher was fed from the DI
Water generator, and it wasn't long before we noticed that the dishwasher
seals were breaking up and we were getting more contamination being put
back onto the boards than the machine ever removed. Eventually the entire
machine just broke down as all the perishable bits perished, and that type
of machine fell into disrepute a s board cleaner.

These days, the dishwashers are still available, but with DI
Water-resistant seals making them a little more expensive than your
standard domestic item from Comet.. I'm chasing one down from AAT (Austin
American Technology) right now having decided, like you, that the
generally-available batch cleaners are themselves no more than
too-extremely expensive dishwashers, even if they don't look like them at
first glance. AAT's offerings look exactly like domestic dishwashers, but
are purpose built for PCBA cleaning.

Thanks to Iain Braddock for the initial lead on these machines - hope
you're situation's better these days, Iain. Still thinking of you, bud.

rgds
Peter

Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>   10/07/2002 09:08 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to SteveZeva