TECHNET Archives

July 2002

From:
Vinit Verma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:22:44 +0530
Ioan,

I've been using Unisoft's GERBER CONNECTION and PLACE software for this
purpose. The only difference in the software capability and your requirement
is that this software imports Gerber files and not CAD files directly. This
software imports raw Gerber, imports BOM file, creates components using the
pins associated to each pad, then each component can be linked to the
information from the BOM file and here we are. All the information about
each component can be viewed. PLUS you can also add text for any purpose,
like some assembly instructions etc. I find it too good. Once all this data
is created, the output file can be used as an input to the UNISOFT PLACE
software to generate CAD data directly for any particular placement machine.
In the free trial version, the CAD is created for MYDATA only. However, for
the paid version any particular placement machine/machines can be selected.

You can download a trial version for 28 days. I don't find the cost too
expensive either.

Just go to www.unisoft-cim.com.

Regards
Vinit