TECHNET Archives

July 2002

Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:06:19 +0100
hello,

Few days back i saw an interesting topic about US COMPETITIVENESS.
I thought of writing few things that i have heard which maybe helpful to
someone interested.

I dont feel that US has lost its competitiveness  in the high volume
business.  If these companies
can implement some changes then i think it should not be long to get back
with its usual business.

I have heard about a few companies who are already in that direction.  In
this age of internet technologies it is
very easy to have an offshore working faciliities linked directly to the
manufacturer wherein sending &  receiving
information is not a problem. This offshore facility will be advantagious
because of cheap labour & geographical location.
for example: If you have a tooling facility in INDIA. You can cut the cost
of tooling atleast by 1/4th.

If you want to hear more about it you can contact me offline.

thanks
kumar