TECHNET Archives

July 2002

From:
"Vandendolder, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:34:22 -0400
Rexolite is a good material for low loss applications (high frequency).  Its
often used as a dielectric lens for millimeter wave
radiometers.  The biggest problem we had with clad flat stock dealt with
warpage after etch.  If more copper is removed on one side versus the other
you will likely get potato chipping. There is a fairly detailed procedure to
straighten after etch with involves both cold
(-40 deg c ) to warm excursions while clamped flat. The vendor supplied the
data sheet when we had this problem.  Lastly, it
is not as robust as FR4 and their is no glass support internal to the resin
matrix.  Rough handling at any stage will cause cracking.

Good Luck, { I mean..., Good Process Control :) }

Ron VandenDolder
Plant Services/ Product Development Support
Telaxis Communications
SouthDeerfield.MA. 01373
413-665-8551