TECHNET Archives

July 2002

From:
"Croslin, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:45:30 -0400
Ken, we don't view this as a fabrication problem, but as a design one.  We
use p-cad which is a lower end PCB design tool as opposed to Mentor,
Cadence, etc.   One of the things it does for us as part of the DRC is to
tell us if we've placed any legend on or near a pad, depending on how we've
defined our keep out areas.  The other thing we do is work with our fab
house very closely during the prototype stage to help us look for those kind
of things.  Anyway, you may want to talk with your PCB designer to see what
the tool they're using can provide in checking for legend clearance.

Bob
Robert A. Croslin
Manager, Engineering Services
Nielsen Media Research