TECHNET Archives

July 2002

Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:30:57 -0500
I will echo Werner.  I have a problem with any statement that broadbrushes
a technology.  Some of the work by John Hagge of Rockwell, presented at a
COTS conference earlier this year, showed that there are good COTS
components and there are BAD COTS components.  You have to do a battery of
tests to determine what will work for your product in your end use
environments.  We use some COTS components in our designs, and they have to
meet some damn stringent requirements, or they would not become part of our
high performance products.  Sometimes there is a pretty good reason why
COTS components are so much cheaper.  Sometimes not.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins

Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 07/29/2002 04:02:53 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to [log in to unmask]

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>