TECHNET Archives

July 2002

From:
Tehn Yit Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:26:20 +1000
Hi,

I recently had our wave solder bath composition analysis and it came back
with a value of <0.03% for antimony. Depending on who you talk to, it seems
that the lack of antimony can generate tin pest under low temperature aging,
and too much antimony causes brittle solder joints. Some says that antimony
should be at 0.12%.

I am not an industrial chemist, so I am rather confuse with this. Can anyone
provide some insights or some documentations on what/why is the correct
levels?

thanks

Tehn Yit Chin                   mb: +61 418 139 181
MILLISON TECHNOLOGY Pty. Ltd.   ph: +61 3 8793 9500
Electronics Design Services     fx: +61 3 9798 7633
http://www.millison.com.au      mailto:[log in to unmask]