TECHNET Archives

July 2002

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:46:09 -0400
Hi Steve
Interesting company!  That said, I don't think I could sell this one to my customer - this is a class 3 high rel vehicle electronics beast, and will be seeing some serious off-road action.  Their mods might stand up to that, but proving it to my satisfaction would be tough, and my customer would be more skeptical than I am...  I've also talked with Circuit Tech corp about replacing the pads, theoretically possible but again a tough sell to the customer.

If I'm "lucky" this won't be a timing sensitive part, and we will end up dead-bugging and wiring the thing.  Ah well, it's only a 72 lead part...

Thanks!
 - Graham

regards

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman
Atlantic Facility of Litton Systems Canada
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/12/02 02:52PM >>>
Hi Graham!

You're probably gonna have a heck of a time finding some sort of adaptor that
will work, but I have another suggestion.

Have you ever heard of Additive Services? Go to:

http://www.additive.com/

They're a company that has a process to make wireless ECO's, meaning that
they can add conductors to printed circuit boards to make design changes and
you don't have to add jumper wires.

I called them and explained your issue. Basically you need some longer pads
so you can get a heel fillet on the device when soldered to the PCB. They
told me that it would be no problem. However, they can only work with bare
boards.

He asked me what the quantity would be, and I told him I didn't know.

I talked with a gentleman named Darren Cossette at (603) 889-1999, and told
him I would give you the information...

If this sounds like something that would work, give him a call...

Hope this helps ;^)

-Steve Gregory-