TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
"Dennis J. Fall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:24:23 -0500
I am looking for some way to place 12 mil solder balls on 50 mil pitch.
Approximately 2500 balls on a substrate.  I have some method to do so that
is flux free, but the heat required is too great for my insulation
material.  Even a tool to place solder balls without use of flux or paste
would help.  I feel I could overcome the other obstacles.    Either that,
or I need an insulation/passivation material that is photoimagable and can
withstand 500°C.

Can anyone help??

Thank You,

Dennis Fall