TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Dave Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:18:41 -0500
Hi folks! Just an echo George's comments - Rockwell Collins has used
TetraEtch on PTFE and Duriod printed wiring assemblies for a number of
years to improve the bondability of the pwb surface on specific
applications. The TetraEtch does not create a significant impact on circuit
performance unless you are dealing with a very hairy RF or Microwave type
of circuit design. However, the TetraEtch process involves some very nasty
chemicals and I wouldn't recommend anyone integrate the process on a
"standard" basis without a fair amount of consideration of the other
possible alternative processes. There have also been a number of studies
(unpublished efforts) which have shown that the TetraEtch process does not
result in a bondability improvement in some use applications.  I recommend
you look at other alternatives before implementing a TetraEtch process.
Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

"Franck, George" <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 06/03/2002
06:55:20 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to "Franck, George" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>