TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Jim Mathis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:23:12 -0400
Steve wrote:
"I understand Jacks admonition about all the emails that the server deals
with when we get off on a tangent like this. But on the other hand, if it
were a controversial "Technical" subject, there would be the same volume of
traffic...so what's the real difference? High traffic that's relevent, or
off-topic traffic? Traffic is traffic, posts are posts, the server doesn't
know what is relavent...and doesn't work any harder on one, than the other."

I think it's great that people get close and want to keep up with what's
going on with each other. But here's the difference:  I (and others, I bet)
don't want to weed through a bunch of irrelevant, off-topic, personal
comment posts looking for real information, which is why I'm signed on the
the forum to begin with.  If you all want to make your off-topic comments,
that's fine, just address them to your pals, not to the entire forum.  I've
signed off of these forums for months at a time because they devolve into an
AOL chatroom with all of this stuff.