TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:09:43 -0400
See Below...

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Genny Gibbard [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:58 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: [TN] Definition of Supported/ unsupported hole

Maybe Michael got the answer he was looking for in response to his question
'why does it need a breakout spec' but I am confused.  I thought that what
was really being asked might have been what is the definition of 'breakout'
for an unsupported hole?  I would like to know that answer.  Is breakout the
condition where the hole may not be centred in the pad and the ring around
the hole is broken?  **Yes**  Is the definition any different for a plated
thru hole  **No**
- possibly a break in the plating inside the hole?  ** Oh, I hope not!  A
break in the hole plating is indicative of a process problem at the board
vendor, not breakout.

Thanks,
Genny.