TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
"Creswick, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:05:06 -0400
Steve,

I echo what Joe has already said.  This amount of gold should not be a
problem for gold wire bonding unless the components have not attained
bonding temperature (on the order of 150C), or something is moving/softening
during bonding.

Even aluminum wire should bond well to this amount of gold - but also as Joe
indicated, the long term reliability may be of some question.

See if the Customer can share a bit more info with you as to the type of
bonding performed, temperatures, and the type of problems experienced.

Steve Creswick - Gentex