TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Dave Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:03:03 -0500
Hi Steve! Sorry but I have to disagree with you. SERA is a tool which can
be used to extensively characterize a variety of surface finishes on
printed wiring boards and any other surface that can be tested within the
SERA equipment configuration limitations. I believe you may be confusing
SERA with ECI's CVS instrumentation. The CVS equipment measures certain
plating bath chemistry parameters. The SERA equipment is similar to Auger
spectroscopy in analyzing surface finishes. Rockwell Collins has been
successfully using SERA since 1991 in a wide variety of applications (keep
in mind I'm a bit biased on this subject - Rockwell Collins was heavily
involved in the development of the SERA equipment).

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Steve Kelly <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 06/19/2002 01:13:02 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to Steve Kelly <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>