TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:37:19 +0200
Dear Lady,
Not me saying tin whiskers grow even on alloys. As whiskers are singlecrystal issues, you are right about pure Tin. Guess pure Tin can appear locally in an alloy, not so remarkable. Now, my very q was matte tin vs cercaps mounting with solder and metal filled epoxy. If you look in preferred list of glues, some claim they have glues that suit for soldered end caps as well as silver plated. Then I came to think of matte tin. If you go back in time, people used to be afraid of using glues on tinned terminals. But that warning was generalizing, because there are many 'tinning' processes and they may behave different vs. glues, which do behave variably too. So, you have an x (end cap finish) and a y (the glue) and a z (the mounting process).

Again, if matte tin is 'reborn' (article by Sandra), what is the propietary metal filled glue for mounting on that finish? Hmm..guess I'm talking to the stars..who can answer such a question without involving too much business and company tactics..

Thanks for your attention, jk

Ingemar

PS. I suspect you read our mails in secret, Paul Klasek, come out of your den immediately, and step up on the arena and fight, dr Oz!