TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:24:42 -0400
There was a thread on this subject a couple of weeks or a month ago. The
long and short of it is the lead finish is compatible but the solder joint
will not look as good. Your oven profile may need adjustment (hotter with a
quicker spike to reflow) and results vary by flux. Some people suggest using
2% silver to promote wetting. Check out the archive, the guys at  Rockwell
Collins had some good input.