TECHNET Archives

June 2002

Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:56:30 -0500
Alfred,
I would consider the two terms equivalent, but it would depend on the
context of use.  As far as standards go, I would suggest looking at the
following:
IPC-SM-840:  This is the spec for solder mask.  Insulation resistance in
ambient and humid conditions is one of the required parameters.
IPC-CC-830:  same thing, but for conformal coatings.
IPC-HDBK-830:  a companion handbook for conformal coatings
IPC-TM-650:  Test methods manual.  Look at the methods in section 2.6.3 for
methods of measuring IR.

Telcordia Technologies GR-78-CORE, section 13, has IR measurement methods.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins

Alfred Brock <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 06/19/2002 08:38:37 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to Alfred Brock <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>