TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
tony steinke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:18:53 -0700
Grant,
Having installed the Cookson(Dexter) FST  chemistry a couple of years
ago at my previous employer, there are concerns that you should be aware of.
The immersion tin
process is a beautiful thing if applied and processed properly. Some of the
major
issues that I experienced were:
Solder mask adhesion(you should tape test any incoming product)
Request that SERA(sequential electromigration reduction analysis) test be
performed.
And the biggest problem was getting acceptable solderability on second pass
wave solder
or second pass solder paste. The copper migration greatly accelerates during
any thermal
excursion, but that is what the SERA testing will show you.
Tony Steinke