TECHNET Archives

June 2002

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:55:25 -0400
Are you sure that "tin whiskers can grow on ALL tin alloys"?  I thought only
pure under pressure (internal or external) are the ones got into trouble
(may be it is new century, it becomes more sensitive).  97% usually OK in
the past (if no pressure, no residue ionics).
As long as you use them fast, both solder and glue should be fine (solder =
real one with Pb in it; glue = well formulated and no flake separation from
its organic matrix).  no body like stress, including parts finishing...

jk