TECHNET Archives

June 2002

Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:52:14 -0700
Phil and John,

I appreciate your replies to my question.  I agree this is not an acceptable
condition for any number of reasons.  I wonder if it might relate to the
relatively new push for all tin terminations to support lead-free.  The
condition of the terminations on these caps looks much more susceptible to
creating loose metal debris than caps with fused tin-lead finish.

Ed