TECHNET Archives

May 2002

Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 11:05:55 -0700
Alejandro,

        The print speed is more a solder paste factor than a printer issue.
We just tested a solder paste with 20 mil pitch components and 0402 with a
print speed of 4 in/sec. The board was a 11 by 8 inches. The cycle time was
around the neighborhood of 15 seconds with no 2D inspection, fiducial
reading was of course included on the Screen Printing program. I would
recommend you to talk to your paste manufacturer.

Jorge Rodriguez
Varian Inc
Tempe, AZ