TECHNET Archives

May 2002

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 13:36:35 +0100
Hi Wee Mei,

To echo what others have already said.

Your colleague can also check the manufacturer's coating thickness
recommendation for a specific product.  (I'm sure that's where IPC-A-610 got
the numbers.)

I strongly recommend staying within the acceptable range.  My personal
preference is to target slightly higher than the middle of the spec., if the
range is broad enough.  I've run into problems, on the processing side, when
someone specified well above the max. and we had hideous solvent retention.
Folks using conformal coating as a potting compound are not my friends.

Hans

Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Com: (478) 926 - 5224