TECHNET Archives

May 2002

From:
"Sauer, Steven T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:18:29 -0400
Good Morning Lorraine,
I would consider IPC-A-610C 12.2.9 Flat Lug Leads applicable to the ground
flange on the D2PAK.  In most instances this package type is utilzed for
devices that generate a considerable amount of heat thus the large flange
along the bottom of the package.  It would not be good practice to undersize
this pad.

Steve Sauer
Mfg Engineer
Northrop Grumman, Xetron