TECHNET Archives

May 2002

From:
Mel Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 16:54:37 -0500
Hi Bruce,
It's time for the weekend.
The materials have distinct differences in intended purpose and properties.
One to prevent solder attachment to conductive surfaces during processing
and the other to provide limited environmental protection, mechanical
support and vibration dampening.  I would suggest using each for it's
individual purpose but, having said that, I've also seen what you suggest
used for some commercial products. Can't recall any class 3 applications
though.  I suppose it depends a great deal on the purpose of the product and
the environment that it will see during performance. Class 3 definition of
product classification can be quite varied as I'm sure you are aware.

Mel Parrish
Soldering Technology International
102 Tribble Drive
Madison, AL 35758