TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:58:02 +0300
As I suspected, Mil-P-55110 is inactive and the latest revision was
MIL-PRF-55110F(1) dated November 1998. It was replaced by
MIL-PRF-31032/4 which is active. Again, this is a spec covering the
product and not the supplier. A glance through does not reveal the
acceptability or otherwise of so-called "white residues".

I would be suspicious of any company stating they are a 55110-qualified
board manufacturer: a) they are not with it and b) the spec covers only
the products. Do they mean that their products may be made to conform to
the spec, on request?

Brian