TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:10:03 -0400
If memory serves me right (and it normally does not), there was an article
published some years ago that championed oval pads for 0402s. I want to say
somewhere around '92 or '93. (0201s were probably new at that time to the
masses.)  I want to say that it was Motorola(tm) that did the studies, and
oval pads and stencil apertures seemed to solve many manufacturing problems
for them.  I'll have to rummage through my files one day and find it.
Can not wait until I get to try my hand at some of that itty-bitty stuff,
jealous of those that do...
Best Regards,

Roger M. Stoops,  CID   [log in to unmask]
TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LIMITED
Engineering and Construction Division
5475 Kellenburger Rd.
Dayton, OH   45424-1099      USA
Telephone:  937 233 8921      800 538 7800      ext. 288
Facsimile:  937 233 7511

http://www.trimble.com