TECHNET Archives

April 2002

Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:51:00 -0500
Good day all,

We are implementing a wider use of one of our urethane-based adhesives here
at Rockwell.  This product gives off low levels of isocyanate, as most
urethanes do.  It is well under NIOSH limits, but our Occupational Safety
and Health folks have followed the course of prudence and indicated that if
our ovens are not vented to the outside, then they must be fitted with an
organic vapor filter before being exhausted into the workplace.  I agree
with the approach, but our overworked and underappreciated staff is a
little slow in getting back some suggestions on model numbers and types,
etc.

So, I turn to my deep store of corporate knowledge (Technet) and ask Y'all
if you cure urethanes and what filters you use.  I have been thinking
activated carbon, but some here figure that solution is unworkable.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins