TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:01:02 -0500
Charlie,

Thanks for that insight. It sure brings out the near rage in me and, at the
same time, excites to make me want to do better. Actually, I just wish
everyone wanted to do better like the folks on this forum always asking
questions and providing answers to them.

I think sometimes I should go back to school and become a much better
engineer as well as businessman.

You cited Demming. He and Juran are my heroes along with the Georges,
Steves, Werners, Daves, Dougs, and all the rest of the folks contributing so
much to our industry. Hell, don't forget all the folks at IPC like David,
Jack, and all, and so many more folks with little ego but a strong desire to
do it right.

I know it's getting harder out here. The technology is advancing at an
exponential pace. Managers are forcing the timeline to market as investors
demand more return on investments. Engineers maybe are not getting all they
should from and out of school and, especially, we keep fixing stuff too often.

I'm not at all discouraged by all that's going on. Foolishly, maybe as Brian
has said, I believe in the DFM/CE concept and keep trying to reach some
folks. As George said, fewer people are out there attending, listening, and
learning and taking it home to do it right the first time.

Hell, It's a living but I think it used to be so much more,

Earl