TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:00:48 -0500
Doug,

Though have answered your question, it is a good one. I like the finish and
find it as easy to work with as you say.

Way back when, we used similar finishes as "Sealbrite" and it served some
well but did not find wide use either. IBM really used a lot of OSP starting
in the mid 80's.

Like all finishes, it's difficult to sell one over another. In recent times,
trends tend to metal coatings instead of organic but the silvers and tins
are a combination.

Give me OPP/OCC's any time. I just can't sell it to clients and few board
shops deal with it much because so few use it.

Earl