TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:00:53 -0400
I think the obvious answer is that the other 97% of the rest of the world are waiting for someone to sign on the dotted line that there is nothing wrong with immersion silver, its reliable and and we'll never have trouble with it.  The 3% who are using it have done their homework and aren't relying on someone else telling them it is okay.  They have found out that immersion silver works at lest as well as other surface finished, is much flatter than HASL, isn't susceptable to "Black Pad", is as reliable as solder joints made to HASL or OSP boards, and the problems one can have with imemrsion silver can be handled.

Regards,
George

George M. Wenger (908)-546-4531 [log in to unmask]
Distinguished Member Technical Staff
Celiant Corporation, FMA Lab, 40 Technology Drive, NJ 07059