TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Donald Kyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:41:21 -0500
Dave,

Sounds like thermal shock.  What you need to do is raise the temperature of
the component slowly before soldering, the higher the better.  Also, check
your soldering iron temperature if you are using an iron.

If you have a re-flow air stream, use it to heat the chip and
board.  Slowly heat the component and board to a temperature of 125 to 175
C.  Then re-flow or hand solder the part to the board.

Donald Kyle