TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Mary Lin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:37:23 -0400
David-

Thanks for your response. I do need to know what the long term effects
of exposures are as we haven't applied this finish before. We are very
concerned about corrosion since chrome plating is vry shiney.And therefore MFG
test will clear up this concern.

Since this is metal on plastic, we consider doing thermal cycling test as CTE
is different. I don't know how to correlate this test with field aplication
over 5 years, i.e. what will be appropriate test cycles and dwell time at
extreme temperatures.

Thans again.

Mary