TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 05:12:55 -0500
Steve,

For your, hopefully not my, teeny-tiny double sided SMT MLB assemblies I
either punt or do as you say with the knife. That is why you love it - for
sure. That is why I love it, or not but always fight, as you, the dummies
accepting the job in the first place and the dumb ass designers bowing to
either management or total ignorance. I try never to have to build those
type boards, and sure fight not to do them, especially without tooling holes
and a multiple fixturing system, as a carrier, placed on the routing surface.

For sure, being on the design end currently with a similar board, I won't
allow the design not to be routed and I'm fighting that issue right now.
Can't afford the broken part rework and/or delamination at the edges. What a
luxury, eh? Of course, with the board you describe, I can't imagine getting
a pizza chattering, tearing, dull bladed thing in there either, hence the
exacto munndo knife.

As for your last comment, and well said, I have a young production,
purchasing, document control, or not, manager condeming the whole damn
electronics industry because of more than the stuff we're discussing.
Carlile, you looking in?

Enjoy the design, fab, CM, test world we're in, or not. Hell, I can't
imagine another world but, then, I have nothing else or not that I can
remember or do anymore.

Earl