TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
"Sauer, Steven T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:34:49 -0500
Mel's reference to me as "tactful" comes from a little ways back attributed
to a placard that hung on my office door which read "Tact is for Weenies"
(in other words, "Go ahead and ask but you may not like the answer").
Moonman would have loved it and would have requested a copy for prominent
display!
Past posts, as Mel pointed out, including Pete Phillips addressed repairs
and modifications for circuit card assemblies (CCA) by referencing a
cancelled (April 21, 1995) without replacement specification, MIL-C-28809.
One point that I would like to add is that this document coupled with
IPC-7721 can be used for CCAs, not unpopulated printed circuit boards (PCB).
MIL-P-55110 (for rigid PCBs) and MIL-P-50884 (for flex and rigid flex PCBs)
did not allow repairs on unassembled PCBs.  Repairs on PCBs provide many
more opportunities for failure as the CCA is manufactured, tested and
delivered.

Steve "still tactless" Sauer