TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
fullname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:49:14 +0800
I have two main questions to ask :

Q1 : Single-sided board reliability.
- in the usual fabrication process, single sided board only have pads on
one side and the holes are not plated-through. What is the chances that
the component will fly off or pads lifted during vibration test?

- if everything remain but the hole wall is plated, will the solder
joint now be more robust to withstand vibration or the component will
stay put or pads will not be lifted?

Q2 : warpage
- I noticed that warpage indicated in the IPC standard usually are
confined to boards that are 4 sided. For my board, flatness is a must
but the board is of odd shape or irregular shape. How do I perform the
warp test and acceptance?

Regards - Wee Mei