TECHNET Archives

April 2002

Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:42:42 +0800
Iain,

I tried asking about these a little while ago and came up with nothing. I
would really appreciate it if you could tell me if you find a source.

The reason why I came up with nothing is that the dishwasher style cleaners
fell into serious disrepute for various reasons, one of them being that if
used with DI water, the seals (usually containing silicon) disintegrated,
making a mess of the floor, but also putting more contamination onto the
board than it took off. Standard seals had to be replaced with neoprene or
something that wasn't attacked by the DI water. Also, they weren't able to
properly clean boards like a modern batch cleaner or in-line system.

For my purposes, I would still like to get hold of a dishwasher type
cleaner, though. Small batch cleaners are still very expensive, and me
cleaning requirements are very light - removal of any handling
contamination, atmospheric contamination, residues from stripping acrylic
coating from boards, and flux residues after local repairs. All this to
re-clean boards prior to conformal coating.

Good luck with your search - I hope you have more success than I did.

Peter

                    iain.braddock@
                    MBDA.CO.UK            To:     [log in to unmask]
                    Sent by:              cc:     (bcc: DUNCAN Peter/Asst Prin Engr/ST
                    TechNet               Aero/ST Group)
                    <[log in to unmask]        Subject:     [TN] Pot washers!

                    04/10/02 02:36
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "TechNet
                    E-Mail
                    Forum.";
                    Please respond
                    iain.braddock

Hey dudes,

Anybody out there provide a name / contact details for UK based firms
that supply semi-aqeous dishwasher style cleaners similar to household
ones but have the resistivity meter on that samples the rinse cycle
water at the drain.  Could really do with locating a
manufacturer/supplier pretty sharpish.

CIA,
      Iain.

To temporarily halt delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]:
SET Technet NOMAIL

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]