TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
"Jindra, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:14:31 -0700
Dave-
Thanks for your interest.  My "wrinkles" are irregular. The "wrinkles" do not appear to be mechanically made. However, the balls were probed by the BGA supplier (different company than the BGA packager) during test at temperature (95C).  These probe (prong) marks are evident on the sides of the balls, at the 4 quadrants. I don't believe they are causing any trouble.

I am sending samples of the wrinkled balls to Mr. Ramsey, to see what he thinks of the metallurgy.

Larry Jindra
Mfg Engr Group Lead
TRW Radio Systems
w) 858-592-3424