TECHNET Archives

April 2002

From:
Mickey Weiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:13:08 -0500
Ioan,
 We ran a test board long ago which yielded very good results with
round pads.
 Very simple: 20-20-20. round 20 mils pads and 20 mil gap. Pay
attention though that
 severe copper undercut may change pad size ,and add to this componnets
on the low end
 of tolerance and there goes your process. I had also good results
with:
 Square pads: x=24mils. gap (x axis) = 20 ;and y=22 . make the corners
round.
 Mickey

Mickey Weiner
Sanmina-Sci
Tel: 972-3-9208705
Mobile: 972- 67-467809

>>> [log in to unmask] 10-Apr-02 5:16:31 PM >>>
Hi Dan,

can you give the exact dimensions of the round land pattern?

Thanks,
Ioan

terminations and
> find poor
>               plating.
>
>               Good luck
>               Dave Fish

suggestions.
>               >
>               > Thanks.
>               >
>               > Ed

in
To temporarily halt delivery of Technet send e-mail to
[log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for
additional
information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or