LEADFREE Archives

April 2002

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Nathaniel Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:28:36 -0400
Hello,

My name in Nathaniel and I am a recent graduate that has been asked to implement lead-free technology for the company.  Electronics manufacturing is a new field to me, but I am willing to learn.  A few questions that would help me out are:

What is the best alloy composition you have found so far (including price, profile, availability, melting point)?

What types of PCB's worked well in your tests (profiles, plating, finishes, anything else I might be forgetting)?

Does anyone have a good road map for converting a reflow process to lead-free?

What are some of the major concerns and issues that I need to look at when converting reflow to a lead-free process?

Any advice, direction or guidance is greatly appreciated for this new engineer just starting out.

Regards,

Nathaniel Gibson
Manufacturing Engineer
(770) 233-2706

This email has been scanned by the latest email virus scan engine.