DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Stephannie Caliendo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:59:02 -0600
Good answer Susy.

Jack,
We do not like to make comparisons between the shows. Both are great venues. Please check out the website, www.ipcdesignerscouncil.org, to see which is right for you.
I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the program one on one.
Kindest regards,
Stephannie

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/05/02 10:47AM >>>
Well, since no one else is jumping in there to answer this, I will make a
stab at it. Last year, the IPC had it's first Learning Symposium. It was in
Chicago, in May, I believe. This year, they are going to have two. One in
Dallas Texas, and one in Toronto Canada. The format of the symposium is
similar to the conferences, but different. The pace is different, the
classes are different, and the show is smaller, which makes the whole thing
a bit more intimate (no jokes, please). The first day is made up of full day
tutorials. The second and third days are made up of General Sessions, Panel
Discussions, Hands on tutorials and technical papers (presented by both area
and well-known speakers). All of these vary in length and topic. I have been
to several PCD conferences, and while I liked them, I very much enjoyed the
change of pace, topics, and speakers at last years Symposium, as well. Since
you can do one show a year, you might choose to alternate each year. Do
check out the web page for more info  www.ipcdesignerscouncil.org. Click on
the Dallas, Texas link and you will see everything you could want to know.
Hope to see you there, Jack!
Susy