TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Brad Mecham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:22:51 -0600
Does someone know if there is an IPC standard for a SMT Ceramic Resonators
which has Castellated Terminations? Does IPC require a good Castellated
fillet on both sides of the part even though the pad is continuos?
On the middle pad we are getting good wetting on one of the Castellated
terminals.  However the other side does not have a good fillet.  I feel
that since the part has a pad all the way underneath itself, that a good
Castellated terminal one side means that the bottom pad is also soldered.
I guess the question I am asking is, according to IPC do Castellated
Terminations (section 12.2.4 of IPC-A-610 C) only apply to Leadless Chip
Carriers or any part that has a castellated terminal.  Any help on this
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
 Brad Mecham