TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Charlie McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:13:38 -0500
Barry:

This is an issue close to my heart....
When panel choices are on the table, I have found there are no standard
methodologies that fit all.
The primary reason is due to costing drivers at the board fabricator and
placment/productivity constraints at the assembler
Therefore, the way to handle this challenge in my view is to provide the
individual board size to the fabricator for their review and
advisory as to #-up and breakaway methods. Pricing will follow.
Upon receipt of this information, submit same to the assembly folks for
ratification and or revision. Pricing will follow as well.
Both fabricator and assembler need to work together with you to attain
the most cost effective panel strategy for you,
the client, to meet your pricing goals.

Yes, this takes more effort....it need be done but once. However the
benefits in yield, productivity, cost and ultimately
higher margins to you, the client, can be enhanced.

Just a suggestion.

Charlie McMahon