TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:58:13 -0500
Earl brings up a observation that I think several of us have made.  I think
this is an important issue.

I do not think we can even jokingly tar and feather Brian or blame too much
of it on the economy.  I mean we are talking about a halving of our numbers!
I would be interested if the IPC could tell us when the situation changed
from growth to decline, rate, etc.  Personally I signed off for a few
weeks/months last year, when I started to receive copies of e-mails that had
been posted several months earlier. I am wondering if this is when a lot of
others jumped ship and never came back.  Or did we drive some off with some
of our incredibly fun, but off-topic threads?

The reason I am concerned is that I think for a forum like this to be really
useful it requires a fairly large critical mass, especially since the topics
covered are so broad.  We need a large base to be sure we have experts from
all fields to answer the questions that are posed.

A reply from the IPC would be appreciated.

regards,
Bev Christian
Research in Motion