TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:57:27 -0000
Hi Rick,

When they transition your board from cap lam. to foil lam. the shop should
do a First Article Inspection (FAI) to validate the process.  The FAI should
include cross sections to confirm that the dielectric spacing is hitting
spec between layers and overall.  More generally, I'd want to make sure they
have an established process to deal with wrinkles and when that defect
scraps a board.  Foil wrinkles show up in low pressure areas such as the
route lines on multi-board panel.  If the resin spots start killing them let
me know - I know how to fix that.  Boston Brad's got it right sleep soundly
cuz foil lam. is A-okay.  Besides late nights are the pride & joy of every
Lamination Engineer (LOL/JK).

Hans

 AC-130 Gunship Motto: "You can run, but you'll only die tired."
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Com: (478) 926 - 5224