TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Richard Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:08:52 -0800
Hey Steve,

Although I have been out of the scene since last May, I can say that based
on my experience with 2 automatic machine companies, one solder machine
company and one conveyor company I have not experienced what you are
talking about. There have been some instances where we have seen that but
generally it has been with an older machine/part or other understandable
anomaly. Hell I have even had to order a micro processor board used for a
machine and it was 'in stock'.

Granted I do not have a large across the board experience with a lot of
companies but I believe our selection process asked questions beyond 'How
well do you service your customer?' and I think that was helpful in
selecting manufacturers that we were not familiar with.

My guess is your in the middle of a 'situation' that you did not have the
opportunity to help create. I sympathize with and for you!

Good luck. And if you want the mfgr names let me know off list.

Richard Hamilton