TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
"Busko, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:42:35 +0100

Earl,

would be interesting what that shows.
As with ENIG I have seen one strange thing with this over years. One of a
couple of thousand pads on a PCB just was not covered with ENIG and
absolutely unsolderable, seemed to be bare copper but somewhat coated and
"out of colour". This was mostly detected at incoming inspection, rejected
and send back to the Boardhouse with no further examination for the real
cause. The effort would have been to much for just one board out of thousand
and we always got an immediate refund with no arguing or any explanation
what had caused that.
Actually seeing something in this pictures is nearly impossible for me, just
more background would be necessary.
But it seems, no matter what the extend of this problem really is, that itīs
obvious a part related problem the manufacturer should refund or explain.

I share your concern regarding quality at present and the outlook for the
future, hope we all learn a bit ... or me go cave too.

Wolfgang